What is Leadership Seacoast?
- Leadership Seacoast is a six-month experiential learning program for those who want to discover how their communities function and how they can become a positive catalyst for change.
- Through dynamic, transformational programming, we offer participants the chance to experience things most people can’t or won’t. The program is a behind-the-scenes exploration of the places, programs, influencers, and experts who power the Seacoast community. Program highlights include nine interactive days spent exploring community issues and themes around justice, education, economic development, government, health and human services, the environment, and arts and culture.
- Leadership Seacoast challenges assumptions and transforms traditional thinking, leaving participants empowered and motivated to lead within their communities.
- Learn more about the program our alumni call “transformational, “eye-opening,” and “pot-stirring.”
Founded in 1988 by a group of seacoast community leaders concerned with encouraging volunteer involvement and strong regional leadership, Leadership Seacoast was one of the first leadership programs nationally, modeled after a similar successful program begun in Atlanta.
To positively impact the communities of the Seacoast area by developing a base of effective, knowledgeable, and engaged leaders through exploration of community issues, effective leadership practices, and opportunities for personal involvement.
The Leadership Seacoast Approach
- Develop a base of effective, knowledgeable, and engaged leaders
- Explore community issues and opportunities for personal involvement
- Create an effective network of leaders who support each other in building a stronger community
- Inspire ongoing alumni engagement in the Seacoast community
- Positively impact the communities of the Seacoast