Legal Disclaimers & Notices
1. Overview. This Website is owned by and under the control of Leadership Seacoast, a New Hampshire Nonprofit corporation (“Leadership Seacoast“). Access to and use of this Website and all of its content is subject to these Terms and applicable laws and regulations. From time to time, Leadership Seacoast may, without advance notice, supplement or make changes to these Terms and other rules or access and use procedures concerning this Website. Any updates to these Terms shall be posted on the Website. You acknowledge your responsibility to review these Terms, from time to time, and to be aware of any such changes. Leadership Seacoast reserves the right to terminate access to this Website or take other actions it reasonably believes necessary to comply with the law or to protect its rights or those of its customers.
2. No Warranty; Limitation of Liability. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING CONTAINED HEREIN TO THE CONTRARY, THE WEBSITE AND ALL INFORMATION HEREIN IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” LEADERSHIP SEACOAST HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS, AND ALL WARRANTIES IMPLIED FROM ANY COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING OR ANY STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS, LEADERSHIP SEACOAST DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY INFORMATION, ITEM, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL ON THIS WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF ANY DATABASE, MATERIAL OR ANY SERVICES, PROGRAMS, SYSTEMS OR DATA WILL BE ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN SUCH INFORMATION, ITEMS, SERVICES, SYSTEMS, DATABASES OR MATERIALS WILL BE OR CAN BE CORRECTED. LEADERSHIP SEACOAST DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF INFECTIONS OR VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT CONTAINS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES.
IN NO EVENT WILL LEADERSHIP SEACOAST OR ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL LOSSES, DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES OR BUSINESS ADVANTAGES DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATING TO THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR WITH RESPECT TO ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY CONTENT HEREIN OR THEREWITH, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR WHETHER OR NOT LEADERSHIP SEACOAST IS INFORMED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN THE EVENT THAT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS UNENFORCEABLE BY APPLICATION OF LAW, THEN LEADERSHIP SEACOAST’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL NOT, IN THE AGGREGATE, EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
3. Usage Policy. You may not: (a) resell, sublicense, rent, lease or otherwise publicly distribute any Leadership Seacoast information, services or database, or any part or parts thereof or information contained therein, or any access thereto; (b) use this Website or any Leadership Seacoast information, services, database or system which you access in violation of, or post any information to any Leadership Seacoast owned or licensed database which violates, any federal or state law, including data privacy laws and communication regulations and tariffs, or which infringes the intellectual property rights or misuses proprietary information of a third party or is made in furtherance of an illegal or fraudulent scheme or activity; (c) copy or transfer any Leadership Seacoast information, service, database or documentation, except as consented to, in writing, by Leadership Seacoast; or (d) modify, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, translate or convert any portion of Leadership Seacoast’s databases or systems.
You may not copy or adapt the HTML or other code that Leadership Seacoast uses to generate its pages on the Website. This code is also protected by Leadership Seacoast’s copyright.
5. Ownership. Except as otherwise identified on the Website, the trademarks, names, logos, slogans and service marks appearing at this Website, whether registered or unregistered, are the property of Leadership Seacoast. Such marks are not to be copied, reproduced, published or in any way used without the written permission of Leadership Seacoast or the identified owner of the trademark. Except as otherwise identified on the Website, the copyright in the content of this Website including but not limited to text, artwork and photographs, is owned by Leadership Seacoast. No part of this Website may be published, stored or transmitted in any form or means without the express written permission of Leadership Seacoast. You may download a single copy of the content displayed on this Website solely for your non-commercial, personal use, provided that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the content.
6. Hyperlinks. The Website may contain links to third party websites not under the control of Leadership Seacoast. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Leadership Seacoast of the contents on such third-party websites. Leadership Seacoast is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, legitimacy or decency of material contained in websites which may be accessible via a hyperlink to or from this Website or for the hyperlink itself. If you decide to access linked third-party sites, you do so at you own risk. Leadership Seacoast does not endorse any of the products/services, nor has Leadership Seacoast taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in such third-party sites. Leadership Seacoast does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information you might be requested to give any third party, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against Leadership Seacoast with respect to such sites. Leadership Seacoast strongly encourages you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or off-line transaction with any of these third parties.
7. Security. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Website and from using the Website to violate the security of other websites by any method, including, without limitation: (a) accessing data not intended for you or logging into a server or account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measurers without proper authorization; or (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user of the Website, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Website, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mailbombing” or “crashing.” Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
YOU ASSUME THE RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE ADEQUATE PRECAUTIONS AGAINST DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER AND SYSTEMS WHICH COULD BE CAUSED BY DEFECTS OR DEFICIENCIES IN THIS WEBSITE OR MATERIALS. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND DATABASES ARE SUBJECT TO ERRORS, TAMPERING AND BREAK-INS AND THAT WHILE LEADERSHIP SEACOAST WILL IMPLEMENT REASONABLE SECURITY PRECAUTIONS TO ATTEMPT TO PREVENT SUCH OCCURRENCES, LEADERSHIP SEACOAST DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT SUCH EVENTS WILL NOT TAKE PLACE.
8. Miscellaneous. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Hampshire, notwithstanding its laws governing conflicts of laws. The Parties agree that any action or proceeding brought to defend the rights or enforce the obligations of a party hereto shall be brought in the state and federal courts situated in Rockingham County in the State of New Hampshire. You hereby agree to waive any right to a jury trial in any suit arising out of or relating to this Website.
Failure by Leadership Seacoast to enforce any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall be enforced to the fullest extent possible, and the remaining Terms shall remain in full force and effect. These Terms inures to the benefit of Leadership Seacoast, its successors and assigns.
Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, the Terms are the only terms with respect to the subject matter hereof, and no terms and conditions stated in or attached to your communications are applicable to these Terms in any way and are not to be considered your exceptions to the provisions of these Terms. Further, additional terms may apply to specific portions or features of the Website, including contests, promotions or other similar features, all of which terms are made a part of these Terms by this reference. You agree to abide by such other terms and conditions, including where applicable representing that you are of sufficient legal age to use or participate in such service or feature. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the terms posted for or applicable to a specific portion of the Website then the latter terms shall control with respect to your use of that portion of the Website or the specific service.
If you have any questions regarding this Website or its contents, or these Terms, contact Leadership Seacoast at director@LeadershipSeacoast.org.
Last updated: April 2013